Cream Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf
This Cream Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf is moist and tender and, oh yeah… STUFFED WITH CREAM CHEESE. Is anybody gonna turn down a delicious cheesy meatloaf? Stuffed meatloaf > regular dry meatloaf.
Originally posted April 4, 2018
We took the kids camping this weekend and no one died! It’s a miracle!
I was congratulating myself on taking my 5 and 7 year old on a 6 hour hike in Redwood National Forest. Totally patting myself on the back. If I can get through that, I can get through anything! I’m awesome! (The trick for hiking with kids is Jolly Ranchers, by the way. A constant supply. Anytime they complain, hey, do you want a Jolly Rancher??)
Then we get home, and as we are unpacking, our neighbor Emile comes over to bring us some Easter treats. (Seriously, we have the best neighbors.) Emile is from Armenia. He’s eyeing all our gear with this bemused look on his face, and says, “So you did all this outside, huh?” and I smiled, so proud.
That’s when he told me that he used to be a shepherd for his grandfather back in Armenia. He would leave at 6 in the morning, take 300 sheep out to pasture, walk 20 miles in one day, and be home by 9pm. He told us about how one time, two WOLVES came to attack the sheep, and his little dog (“small, but very brave”) faced them down until they left.
Kind of puts it in perspective, right??
We totally cheated because we kind of were only halfway camping: we stayed in a cabin. A bare bones cabin, to be sure (no bathroom, no kitchen, just a room with space to put our own bedding) but it did have a heater and lights. Camping is SO much more fun when you are not being woken up in the middle of the night by a freezing cold 1 year old baby who doesn’t know how to keep blankets on!
How to make Cream Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf
I made this Cream Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf before we left. It is SO GOOD!! I’m in love. A friend of mine told me she was making cream cheese stuffed meatloaf in passing last summer, and I’ve been obsessed with the idea ever since. I finally got around to trying out a recipe, and I’m so happy with how it turned out!
Is there anything worse than dry meatloaf? (Maybe being attacked by wolves??) It’s like actual cardboard in your mouth though, right? There’s no chance of that here, even if you over bake it. The cream cheese is all melty and glorious in the center. I kept the recipe pretty basic so that the cream cheese would have a chance to shine. I’m usually not a ketchup girl, but I am totally feeling it with this cheesy meatloaf! It adds the perfect tang that pairs wonderfully with the cream cheese.
This recipe is totally EASY, too. I threw the ingredients together in 10 minutes, then bake and you’re done. I served this with these Creamy Italian Mashed Potatoes. Heaven!!
One year ago: Mandarin Orange Ambrosia Salad
Two years ago: Garlic Roasted Artichokes with Pesto Dipping Sauce
Six years ago: Mashed Potatoes (From Heaven)
Cream Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf8-10 adjust servings
Is anybody gonna turn down a good meatloaf? I mean come on, it's a classic! This one is moist and tender and STUFFED WITH CREAM CHEESE. Oh yeah. Stuffed meatloaf > regular dry meatloaf.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 cups onion (2 medium), chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley (or 1 T fresh parsley)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1/2-3/4 cup ketchup, for the top
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (or use aluminum foil and then spray with nonstick spray).
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients except the cream cheese and the ketchup.
- Use a knife to cut the cream cheese into large chunks (see photos). Set aside.
- Use your hands to combine everything together. I know, I know. But it really is the best way, a spoon doesn't do the trick as well. Don't over mix! Once you have everything thoroughly combined, stop.
- Turn the meat out onto the prepared pan. Pat the mixture down into a large rectangle.
- Add the chopped cream cheese down the center of the meatloaf (the long way).
- Use your hands to carefully fold each long end of the meatloaf on top of the cream cheese. Seal the edges by molding it together. See photos.
- Add ketchup to the top of the meatloaf. I actually didn't measure this part, just squirted it on until it looked good.
- Bake at 350 for about 40-50 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and wait about 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
by The Food Charlatan
1770 House Meatloaf << this is one of my favorite comfort foods! A classic from Ina Garten.
Turkey Meatloaf with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce << this is an oldie but a goodie!
Easy Baked Meatballs << this is a good basic recipe. I love myself when I have a stash of these in the freezer.
Raspberry Balsamic Meatballs (Slow Cooker) << these are good for an appetizer or dinner!
Other Stuffed Meatloaf recipes you will love!
Cheesy Meatloaf from Culinary Hill
Feta-Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf With Tzatziki Sauce from All Day I Dream About Food
Cheese Stuffed Taco Meatloaf from Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
Easy Pizza Meatloaf from A Mindful Mom
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.