A quick and easy zucchini and squash sauté to use up all your garden veggies! No need to complicate life: a bit of olive oil and thyme is all you need.
I’ve been trying to get up earlier lately. I read this tip about doing 10 reps of something to help you wake up in the morning. Today I hit the snooze and went back to sleep because 10 reps sounded really hard. I drifted back to sleep and had a vivid dream of me doing the arm curls I had planned to do…except that I gave out half way through. I was just so, so tired. Even my DREAM SELF can’t handle exercise that early in the morning guys.
Sometimes we complicate our lives too much, you know? I went to a restaurant a few weeks ago and got my kids a sautéed squash and zucchini side dish to go with their buttered noodles. My kids are actually really good at eating their veggies, so they ate them, but I was kind of jealous once I tasted them. They were just so good. I called the restaurant later.
Me: “What do you guys put on your sautéed squash? Cheese? Is it Parmesan?
Dude on the phone: Let me check…Chef says it’s olive oil, salt pepper and thyme.
Me: So no cheese.
Dude: No cheese.
Me: Not even a little.
Me: So just the thyme.
Okay then, here you have it you guys. The easiest 10 minute side dish you’ll ever make. It’s killer delicious and you don’t even need to grate cheese or add extra calories. It’s even paleo and whole 30 and keto <<– actully i have no idea if it’s keto and I’m not even sure what keto is, but I know it’s super trendy and probably you can eat squash if you’re on that diet. Is there any diet that outlaws squash??
10 Minute Sautéed Zucchini and Squash Side Dish
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, or 1 large
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper to taste, use lots!
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a 10 or 12 inch skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Use a sharp knife to chop off the ends of the zucchini and squash. Chop them into chunks. Think 1/2 or 3/4 inch chunks, rather than slices.
- When the oil shimmers, add the squash and zucchini.
- Sauté for about 8-10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Take it off the heat when the squash is fork tender but hasn't started to get mushy. Nobody likes mush.
- Eat hot!
More ideas if you are drowning in zucchini!
More easy zucchini side dishes: