No Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches
This easy no bake cheesecake is flavored with Dulce de Leche and topped with caramelized peaches.
Never will you hear the phrase, “Luke I am your father” in this house. Oh no. I get in trouble whenever I mention Luke’s paternity when Charlotte is within earshot. Santa Claus? Fake. Easter Bunny? Whatevs. The identity of Luke’s father? Oh heeeeck no. Our children are definitely bound for the “popular kid” life track, I think.
So cheesecake. Are you a fan? If not, RUN. I’ve got over 60 recipes for you today, from all over the blogosphere. Roxana over at Roxana’s Home Baking thought it would be a fun idea if we all posted cheesecake on the same day. (I think it’s National Cheesecake Day or something? Whatever, I don’t know, everyday is cheesecake day in my book.)
I have to say I’m pretty freaking excited about how mine turned out. I added an entire can of Dulce de Leche to a no bake cheesecake. Then I fried peaches in butter and sugar until they got all caramel-y and put them on top.
I’m telling you guys, I have dreams about this cheesecake. I’m not even kidding. It’s probably one of my favorite cheesecakes I’ve ever had. Plus it’s perfect for summer because you only have to bake the crust, 10 minutes tops. If you make this let me know so that we can freak out about it together.
Use a measuring cup or glass to press in the crust. Spoons are for idiots. (like me, until a couple weeks ago)
I seriously could probably eat this entire can with a spoon. UPDATE: I learned how to make this at home using a can of sweetened condensed milk! Click here to learn How to Make Dulce de Leche!
Blanch your peaches. It’s so easy, and then you don’t have to bust out the peeler if you get a stubborn peach.
In the picture on the right, the peaches on the outside of the pan are not caramelizing very well. Only the ones in the center that are getting nice and bubbly. Either move your peaches to a drier spot on the pan or you could probably try soaking up excess liquid with a paper towel.
They will look like this when they are properly caramelized.
No Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized PeachesMakes one 9-inch cheesecake, serves 8-10 adjust servings
For the crust
- 46 vanilla wafers, about 6 ounces
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
For the cheesecake
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 13-ounce can Dulce de Leche (click here for How to Make Dulce de Leche)
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 large peaches (not too overripe)
- 3-4 tablespoons brown sugar, or more
- Make the crust first. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, pulse cookies until finely ground (you should have about 1 1/2 cups). Add sugar, salt, and butter and pulse until it looks like wet sand. Scrape the sides if necessary.
- Use the bottom of a glass or measuring cup to firmly press crumb mixture into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9 (or 9-1/2) inch springform pan.
- Bake until crust is dry and set, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely. Stick it in the freezer or the fridge to speed this up if you want.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat cream cheese on high until fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add the can of Dulce de Leche (here is a recipe for How to Make Dulce de Leche at home); beat until smooth, scraping down sides.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat cream and powdered sugar on high until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. With a rubber spatula, stir about one-third of the whipped cream into cream cheese mixture, then fold in remainder. It should be fully incorporated, but try hard not to overwork it.
- Transfer to crust and smooth the top with a spatula. Cover tightly and refrigerate until firm, 3 hours (or up to 2 days).
- Peel* and slice the peaches. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. When the butter is hot, add as many peach slices (cut side down) that will fit. Work in batches if you need to--the peaches should not touch each other. Leave plenty of space or they will steam and not caramelize. Cook the peaches for about 1 minute without stirring.
- Sprinkle the peaches with 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar, enough to cover the peaches in the pan. Flip each peach so that the sugar is on the bottom. Cook for 3-4 minutes without stirring. Sprinkle with more brown sugar and flip to brown the other side.
- The brown sugar should bubble up around the peach. If there is too much peach liquid around the peach, then it will not caramelize or bubble. Move it to a drier spot on the pan and add more sugar.
- Remove the caramelized peaches to a wax-paper lined sheet pan. Let cool complete. I put mine in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Arrange the caramelized peaches on the cheesecake just before serving. If they don't all fit on top, serve the remainder on the side.
by The Food Charlatan
Source: The Food Charlatan, adapted from this Maple Cheesecake with Roasted Pears.
Just in case that wasn’t enough cheesecake:
In case you missed it last week, Blackberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Be sure to check out the other amazing cheesecake-ness going on today!
- Blackberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Baking a Moment
- Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake from Hungry Couple
- Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake from Wishes and Dishes
- Chocolate Cheesecake w/ Whisky Toffee Shards from girlichef
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake from Savvy Eats
- Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust from All Day I Dream About Food
- Hawaiian Chantilly Layer Cheesecake from Wallflour Girl
- Hawaiian Mini Cheesecakes from Pint Sized Baker
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake from Love and Confections
- Lemon Cheesecake from Shugary Sweets
- Lemon Ginger Panna Cotta Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up Apricot-Swirl Cheesecake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lilikoi Cheesecake with Macadamia Nut Shortbread Crust from Dieter’s Downfall
- Mango Cheesecake (vegan) from Jessiker Bakes
- Mini cheesecakes with a toasted coconut crust (gluten free) from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping from Boulder Locavore
- Mom’s Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
- New York Style Cheesecake from URBAN BAKES
- Oreo Cheesecake (vegan) from Namely Marly
- Oreo Ripple Cheesecake from Overtime Cook
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache Topping from The Redhead Baker
- Pear cheesecake with gingersnap crust from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Pumpkin Cheesecake from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Hip Foodie Mom
- Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- S’mores Cheesecake from The Gunny Sack
- Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
- Sugar Cookie Cheesecake from Munchkin Munchies
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
- Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate Oreo Crust from JavaCupcake
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
- White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles
No Bake Cheesecakes:
- Butter Pecan Caramel No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes from Simply Southern Baking
- Cherry and Pistachio No Bake Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini No Bake Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen
- Neapolitan No Bake Cheesecake from Grandbaby Cakes
- No-Bake Berry Cheesecake from Food Lust People Love
- No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake from You Made That?
- No Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches from The Food Charlatan
- No-Bake Limoncello Cheesecake from Cake Duchess
- No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from White Lights on Wednesday
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake from Blahnik Baker
- Caramel Cheesecake Martini from Happy Food, Healthy Life
Cheesecake Cookies and Bars:
- Caramel Overload Cheesecake Bars from Crumbs and Chaos
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
- Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Cookies from Lemons for Lulu
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Chez CateyLou
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars from Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Cooking In Stilettos
- No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
- No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon
- Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
Cheesecake Desserts and Treats:
- Banana Foster No Bake Cheesecake Shooters from Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Cake from gotta get baked
- Key Lime Trifles from Hoosier Homemade
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pots from Barbara Bakes
- Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart from From Brazil To You
Frozen Cheesecakes and Treats:
- Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream from Chocolate Moosey
- Frozen PB&C Cheesecake from Noshing With The Nolands
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.