Eggs Benedict Casserole (Overnight Breakfast Casserole)
This Eggs Benedict Casserole is an overnight wonder. It’s super easy and delicious. It makes me want to douse every casserole ever in hollandaise sauce. It has all the benefit of the classic breakfast but you can make it the night before. Overnight breakfast casseroles forever!
Originally posted May 10, 2013
Happy Mother’s Day everyone! I’m sure many of you reading this are moms, so go ahead and email this recipe to whoever is supposed to be making your breakfast Sunday morning. If that person is still you, then you are in luck because this recipe is an overnighter…er. It’s super easy and delicious. It makes me want to douse every casserole ever in hollandaise sauce.
Let’s talk about my mom. My mom always carries a metal slinky in her coat pocket and plays with it when she’s bored. She calls sticks of butter “cubes” of butter.
She always answers her cell phone. Always. Even in class. (She’s a teacher.) She will open her phone and let you listen to her in-session class in the background until you get the idea that she’s busy and can’t talk. I’ve told her numerous times about the wonders of voicemail, but to no avail.
My mom wears patterned socks, always. She has a different pair of Christmas socks for every day of December. (That goes for earrings as well.) She is the top commenter on my blog. She still sends me packages of these Butterscotch Wheaties Treats for minor holidays.
My mom’s level of compassion knows no bounds. She is constantly thinking outward. And before I get too sappy, let’s just leave it at this: my mom is better than your mom, better than any mom ever. Love you Mom! Now stop crying.
How to make Eggs Benedict Casserole (Overnight breakfast casserole)
This Eggs Benedict casserole is so delicious! And super easy. Just chop up some English muffins and broil them really quick to get them nice and toasty. Toss them in a casserole dish with some Canadian bacon, then pour an egg mixture over the top and bake. What’s better than an overnight breakfast casserole with bread?!
We could stop there, but why would we do that? HOLLANDAISE SAUCE, people. I love this stuff. It’s easy to make if you have a double boiler, but it’s also really easy to make Blender Hollandaise Sauce. Today’s recipe uses cream, so use the ingredients from today’s recipe, but you can use the blender method described in this Blender Hollandaise Sauce. Easy peasy.
You can make the hollandaise sauce ahead of time, but do not microwave it to reheat it. Put the container of sauce in hot water to warm it. If you microwave it, the eggs will curdle.
This casserole is perfect for Mother’s Day, Easter brunch, Christmas morning, you name it. I love that I can make it the night before. It’s a crowd pleaser! Enjoy!
Eggs Benedict Casserole1 9x13 inch dish, about 12 servings; 1 2/3 cups sauce adjust servings
This Eggs Benedict Casserole is an overnight wonder. It's super easy and delicious. It makes me want to douse every casserole ever in hollandaise sauce. It has all the benefit of the classic breakfast but you can make it the night before. Overnight breakfast casseroles forever!
- 6 English muffins
- 12 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
For the Sauce
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Split the English muffins and chop them into one-inch pieces. Spread the pieces on an ungreased baking sheet and broil for 1-2 minutes, or until bread is toasty on top. Use a spatula to flip the bread over, then broil for another minute or two.
- Place half of the Canadian bacon in a greased 9x13 baking dish; top with broiled English muffins, then the remaining bacon. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste; pour evenly over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until the center is set.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, constantly whisk the egg yolks, cream, lemon juice and mustard until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Reduce heat to low. Slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. You can also use this blender method to make this hollandaise sauce (use the ingredients listed here on this recipe; add the cream to the egg yolks.)
- Serve immediately with casserole. You can drizzle it over the whole pan or portion the sauce on each plate.
by The Food Charlatan
More great overnight breakfast recipes!
The FLUFFIEST Homemade Cinnamon Rolls of Your Life (Can Make Overnight) << I. Love. These.
Cheesy Overnight Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole << This one never fails to please a crowd!
Checkout these overnight recipes from friends:
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.