Bacon Blue Cheese Dip
Bacon and blue cheese is one of the best combos out there, right? This Bacon Blue Cheese Dip does not disappoint! It takes just a few minutes to put together. I love serving it with either crackers or fresh apple and pear slices!
It’s that time of year again, Super Bowl time! It’s basically a national holiday by now right?? At least it’s a holiday for us food bloggers! Bring on the cheesy dip!
I wasn’t always all about the dip though. When I was kid, every year my brother and I would celebrate the Super Bowl 8-year-old-style: with triple decker peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. This is exactly what it sounds like. Just keep layering on that bread and peanut butter and jelly to your hearts content. What could be better??
One time on Super Bowl Sunday we were in the kitchen alone making them, and my brother jokingly threatened to catapult his plastic spoonful of peanut butter at me. I didn’t think he would really do it, so I didn’t take cover, and then WHAM! Face full of peanut butter. It landed square on my nose.
I honestly can’t remember if I was mad about it or laughed, but now looking back I’m just impressed with his aim. If I tried that, even today, the peanut butter would end up on the wall instead of on my target, for sure.
We don’t have any super exciting plans for the weekend, and definitely no peanut butter fights. We will just be staying at home! Funny how having a new baby (he’s 6 weeks old now) turns you into a bit of a recluse. I feel like I hardly ever leave the house…because I actually hardly ever leave the house, haha! I know this stage won’t last forever so I’m trying to have a good attitude about it, even if I’m a bit stir crazy.
I hope you’ve planned something a little more exciting than triple decker PB&J’s for the Super Bowl this weekend! May I suggest this super easy last minute dip: Bacon Blue Cheese Dip. It is the ultimate appetizer for blue cheese lovers.
How to Make Bacon Blue Cheese Dip
This is a pretty no-brainer dip. Perfect for last minute get togethers. Beat some cream cheese until it is soft and smooth, then add in some mayo and sour cream. Fold in blue cheese crumbles and bacon, a little garlic and chives, and you are good to go.
If you can’t find chives, you can use green onions instead. Make sure to mince it small. Or you could just leave it out.
This recipe is easy to double or triple if you have a big crowd!
More Cheese Dips you are going to love!
- Sausage Cream Cheese Dip << this is a classic in my family!
- Hot Pizza Dip << I need to redo the photos on this, but the recipe is solid. Love this stuff!
- Copycat Chili’s Queso Dip << my entire family stands around the crock pot in the kitchen to eat this.
- Ham and Cheese Dip << super easy to make!
- Carol’s Legendary 7 Layer Dip << is it even game day without this dip?? Carol’s is THE BEST.
- Snowy Chili Cheese Dip << this may not look like much, but I’ve been known to down an entire batch single handedly.
- Pimiento Cheese Dip << A southern classic! No one can resist!
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip << This dip is famous for a reason. Have you tried it?
- Bacon Beer Cheese Dip from FoodieCrush
- White Chili Bean Queso Dip from TidyMom
- Jalapeno Popper Dip from Garnish and Glaze
Bacon Blue Cheese Dip
For the dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2-3 slices bacon, crumbled
- dash salt, if necessary (taste it first)
- sliced apples
- sliced pears, not overripe, firm is ok
- In a medium bowl or stand mixer, beat 4 ounces softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 1/4 cup sour cream and beat until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Use a spatula to fold in 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese, 2 tablespoons chives, 1 clove of garlic. Stir it all together.
- Fry up 2-3 slices of bacon. Or fry up 6 slices of bacon so that you can snack on the ones not needed for the recipe. Is it just me that does this? Here's how to bake your bacon, it's so much easier than frying. And less mess!
- Chop up 2-3 slices of bacon once it is cool, and fold into the blue cheese dip.
- Taste it and add a dash of salt if you think it needs it!
- Serve with crackers. It is really good with a nut-based cracker like Nut Thins. Or for a fresher option, slice up apples and firm pears. I really love this dip with fruit! You don't want the pears to be too ripe or they will just fall apart when you try to dip. Mine were quite crisp and I thought it was really delicious!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.