Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
This easy Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe is the perfect cheesy appetizer! Frank’s hot sauce is the essential not-so-secret ingredient. Make one batch to serve your guests, and another one to hoard for yourself. I’m not even kidding!
Originally posted January 20, 2015
Today we went on a hike to a lake. You know, for sunshine and exercise. So that we don’t turn into vampires. It worked!
But sadly I hurt my back. I feel super old even saying that, back problems are for parents (Wait, I’m the parent now. CRAP.) Still, cool story right? “Yeah I hurt my back last weekend while having a Super Exciting Day Hike with my husband and kids. We are mega cool and outdoorsy, in case you were wondering.”
But here’s how it actually happened. I forgot to take Charlotte to the bathroom before we set off, and of course she started getting a little squirmy halfway through our hike.
My best strategy for this situation is to hold Charlotte with my hands under her knees while she’s in a sitting position doing her business. Works like a charm every time and no one has to get pee on their shoes.
But THIS time as I’m holding a 30-pound-currently-peeing-4-year-old, my back decides to do this old-person thing. So I’m literally tripping down the side of a ravine, trying not to drop poor bare-booty-still-peeing Charlotte in the mud.
Don’t worry, I’m totally fine, nothing a little ibuprofen can’t fix, and Charlotte will probably only have my-Mom-almost-dropped-me-down-a-ravine-nightmares for a week or two, but here’s the kicker: There was a bathroom LITERALLY around the corner, maybe 100 feet away from where we were. What kind of injustice is that?? Ah well. As Calvin’s dad would say, at least it builds character.
So about this dip that’s full of cheese and mayonnaise…We ate this for dinner. No, I’m not kidding. It was a low moment, okay? At least there’s chicken in it! And green onions! We are so well nourished around here. At least we had salad too. I don’t regret it for a minute. Well, maybe the salad actually.
My friend Debbie made this for her daughter’s birthday party last week. When I came to pick up Charlotte the dip was gone, but I heard so much about it that I decided I needed this easy recipe. After I made it, I decided that it was a good thing I wasn’t present at the party, otherwise I would have been that awkward parent LITERALLY standing in a corner hoarding all the dip. This dip comes together so fast too. Perfect for dinner! I mean football!
How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip
It’s super easy. Grab a rotisserie chicken from the store and chop it up. You’ll need about 2 cups. Toss it in a bowl with a healthy bit of Frank’s hot sauce. I love this stuff.
Then all you have to do is stir in the mayo, cheddar, a bit of lemon juice, and some green onions because health. Green=health, see?
Pour the mixture into a baking dish, top with hecka blue cheese, and bake away. Then devour with chips or Ritz crackers. Could there ever be a better dinner than this?? Enjoy!
More great dips & appetizers!
- Copycat Chili’s Queso Dip (Slow Cooker)
- Carol’s Legendary Seven Layer Dip
- Hot Pizza Dip: I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again: one of my favorite dips of all time.
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Reuben-Stuffed Crescent Rolls:
- French Bread Pizza, 3 Ways: (always a crowd-pleaser!)
- Fresh Brischetta Lentil Dip: If you are feeling fresh :)
- The Best Queso Blanco Dip from Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Cheesy Bacon Spinach Dip from Damn Delicious
- Cheesy Caprese Dip from The Cookie Rookie << I sooo want to try this one
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
This easy Buffalo Chicken Dip is the perfect cheesy appetizer! Frank's hot sauce is the essential not-so-secret ingredient. Make one batch to serve your guests, and another one to hoard for yourself. I'm not even kidding!
- 2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/3 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend, but cheddar cheese works well too)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 or 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- chopped green onions, to garnish
- crackers or tortilla chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, toss the shredded chicken with the Frank's Hot Sauce.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, shredded cheese, lemon juice, and green onions.
- Spread into a 1 and 1/2 quart shallow baking dish (I used a pie plate). Sprinkle with blue cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes, or until it is bubbly.
- Serve with tortilla chips, Ritz crackers, or pita chips.
by The Food Charlatan
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.