Almond Roca Bars
cup (2 sticks) butter
cup white sugar
cup brown sugar, packed
teaspoon almond extract
or 2 cups chocolate chips
- Beat butter with sugars. Add egg, almond, and salt. Beat in flour. Spread in a 9x13 pan. (Wet your fingers if the dough sticks).
- Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes, or until it is set on the edges (and set in the middle, too, if you like them to be a little crispy).
- Sprinkle generously with chocolate chips immediately after baking. Let it sit for 10 minutes or so (this is hard.
- Sometimes I cheat and stick it back in the still-warm oven, but if you do this only leave it in for about a minute or two, otherwise your chocolate will get all weird on you.)
- Spread the chips around when they have melted.
- Don't eat all at one time.
by The Food Charlatan