Halloween Cheesecake Parfaits
These Halloween treats are super easy, plus you can make them ahead of time so that you have more time for partying. Crushed Oreos are layered with a 3-ingredient no bake cheesecake that you can tint any color you want.
So do you guys want to hear something awesome? I found out recently that people can leave me a message when they unsubscribe from my blog. Most people don’t say anything of course, but last week I got this gem:
“I receive these emails to my work account because I hate my job and your recipes provide a nice distraction now and then. Luckily, I’m leaving my boring job and so I’m unsubscribing so that they don’t know that I did no work. But don’t worry, I follow you.”
Isn’t that the best thing ever?? I laughed so hard when I read this. Cmorgan in the UK, whoever you are, thanks for following, and thanks for the laugh. Cheers to those of you reading this at work right now. YOUR BOSS IS COMING CLICK AWAY!! Just kidding.
If you are throwing a Halloween party this year, these easy Cheesecake Parfaits are a great make-ahead treat! They are a spook-ified version of these super easy No Bake Cheesecake Parfaits, one of my favorite party desserts of all time. You can make them a few hours in advance (or let people assemble their own!), and they are totally adaptable to whatever candy you have on hand. I found the ghost peeps at Rite Aid, and made some really sophisticated tombstones out of graham crackers and frosting. Happy Halloween everyone!
P.S. This idea was originally posted on I Dig Pinterest last week on September 29th. My friend Christine is doing an awesome Halloween Extravaganza that I contributed too. Be sure to check out some of the other posts, it will give you some fun ideas for Halloween!
Halloween Cheesecake ParfaitsServes 6-8 adjust servings
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla, or 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- black or purple gel food coloring*
- 1 cup crushed Oreos
- ghost peeps
- candy pumpkins
- graham crackers
- white or black frosting
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese on high until it is fluffy, at least 2 minutes, scraping the sides and bottom well.
- Add the can of sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add the food coloring. Use as much or as little as you want to get the desired color. (You will probably need more than you think, but start small just to be safe.) Beat well.
- Crush the Oreos in a food processor (or smash them in a ziplock with a rolling pin).
- In a clear glass, add layers of Oreo, cheesecake, and candy, if you want.
- To make the graham tombstones, I just used a knife to cut a quarter of a graham cracker so that it was rounded on the edges. I added store bought frosting to a plastic bag and snipped off a tiny corner to pipe on the "RIP." Be sure to use Oreo crumbs as your top layer so that it looks like graveyard dirt!
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
by The Food Charlatan
Source: The Food Charlatan
Other treats you might like:
Other fun Halloween food from friends:
Want easy dinners?
Sign up for my FREE email course, Five 30-Minute Meals for When You Forget Dinner is a Thing. I'll send you easy recipes to solve the dinnertime madness!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.