Snickers Brownie Bars
Makes one 9x13 inch pan, serves 16
oz box brownie mix, plus ingredients on back of box
jar marshmallow creme
cup creamy peanut butter
package vanilla caramels, about 40
tablespoon heavy cream
cup dry roasted peanuts (or less to taste), roughly chopped
cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare your brownie mix according to package directions. (You could use a homemade recipe too, as long as it fits in a 9x13 pan.)
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with foil. Spray with nonstick spray. Spread the brownie batter into the pan, then bake according to package directions, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool the brownies for at least an hour or two.
- With a mixer or by hand, combine the marshmallow creme and the peanut butter. Spread this over the cooled brownies. I found it easiest to use my hands for this step.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the unwrapped caramels and the cream. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir. Microwave in 20 second intervals until the caramel is smooth.
- Drizzle the caramel evenly over the nougat layer, then quickly spread it with a rubber spatula. Move fast before it starts to harden.
- Press the chopped nuts into the caramel with your hands.
- Sprinkle the bars evenly with about 1 cup of chocolate chips. Turn on your broiler and put the bars directly under the heat on the highest rack for a couple minutes. DO NOT walk away. You have to sit and watch it. Once the chocolate chips look melted, take the pan out and spread the chocolate with a rubber spatula. If they are not melted enough, just pop it back under the broiler for another minute. (You could totally just melt the chocolate in the microwave and spread it. This is my lazy self trying to save one more dish to wash.)
- Let the chocolate cool. You can put it in the fridge or freezer to speed this up.
- Lift the foil from the pan to cut the bars. Store the bars at room temperature. Serve with milk :)
by The Food Charlatan