I’ve had peaches on the brain all summer. My mom, who lives an hour away, came up to my house a few weeks ago when her tree was ripe and we were going to spend the day canning peaches. It took us 20 minutes to unload all the bazillion peaches from her car, not to mention the jars and lids and everything else. The only thing missing was the pressure canner itself.
We decided to freeze them all instead. Mine are almost gone, which is kind of ridiculous. There are just so many delicious things you can do with peaches. Smoothies, hello. I’ve been using the leftover juice (from thawing them) in pancakes. SO good.
I also made this pulled pork. It’s pretty awesome. We ate it on buns with coleslaw, but you could also throw it in a tortilla, squirt on some lime juice and Mexicanify it. You can’t get any easier than this crock pot recipe. Throw the pork in the pot, throw everything else in the blender, and dump it on top. Easy peasy. A reader just emailed me today asking for more peach recipes…here you go Sha Lene!
Pulled Pork with Peaches
- 5 pounds pork roast, boneless
- 4 cups peaches, sliced & peeled
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, fresh, grated or chopped
- Place pork roast in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove the roast, let the meat rest for 5 minutes or so, then shred with 2 forks. Discard the cooking liquids and return the shredded pork to the slow cooker.
- In a blender, add the peaches, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. Blend until smooth. Add to the slow cooker and mix with the pork. Cook for 1-2 hours longer, or until heated through.
- Serve on buns with coleslaw. Or you could throw it in a tortilla with sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and avocado.