Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Boats
These fun little taco boats are baked til crisp and then filled with all your favorite things: chicken, hot sauce, cheese, and more cheese. Perfect game day appetizer or quick 20 minute dinner!
The other day I was at the thrift store buying a floor puzzle for a dollar (score!), when suddenly the man behind the counter turns to my kids and says, “You may each pick out a stuffed animal today!”
And like lightning, Charlotte ran over to the shelf and grabbed the HUGEST, UGLIEST bear in existence, with gaudy Christmas clothes to boot.
I almost punched him in the nose. (The employee, not the bear. Although that would have been equally appropriate.)
Am I the only parent out there who hates stuffed animals? I can’t stand their never-ending-ness. I swear they multiply like rabbits when you’re not looking. Offering me free stuffed animals at the thrift store is kind of like offering me a free pest infestation. “They just keep breeding! You will have them forever, and generations to come!” Thanks a lot.
Ugly Bear is quite popular, but it’s partly my fault: we just moved and I have yet to unpack the kid’s toys. They have been playing with the same floor puzzle and MegaBlocks for over a month now, and I’m realizing how nice it is to not have toys strewn throughout my entire house. The kids haven’t even noticed. Think I should start throwing boxes away without opening them? I’m tempted. I’m also tempted to put Ugly Bear into one of them first.
Welcome to your new favorite 20 minute meal! Have you heard of Old El Paso’s Mini Tacos Boats? They are soft flour tortillas formed into the shape of a little boat. Adorable, right?? My kids loved these, especially Charlotte since they were the perfect mini size for her hands.
She is totally hamming it up in this photo, btw. She stopped mid-bite to pose for the camera. Oh children of bloggers, will you ever be normal?
I filled my taco boats with the most amazing combo, inspired by this Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip: tender rotisserie chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and some peas thrown in so that you feel good about serving these for dinner. My kids loved these. Charlotte ate her first taco ever without all the contents falling out onto her plate. WIN.
These also make great appetizers for your game-watching needs! Or your cheesy-appetizer-for-no-reason-needs, which is the category I fall into.
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken BoatsMakes 12 adjust servings
- 1 package Old El Paso Mini Soft Tortilla Taco Boats
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/3 cup buffalo hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Line the tortilla boats up on the baking sheet, and brush each one with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon salt on the inside and out of the boats
- Bake at 400 for about 8-9 minutes, or until they are lightly browned and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine chicken and hot sauce.
- Add to a skillet with cream cheese and peas. Cook over medium low until warm. Or you could simply warm this mixture up in the microwave. Whatever floats your boat. << harhar. get it??
- Spoon the filling into the crisped taco boats. Top each boat with shredded cheese.
- Turn your broiler on and move the oven rack to the highest position.
- Broil the boats until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 1-3 minutes. Don't walk away!!
- Top with green onions and serve!
by The Food Charlatan
If you make these for your family, snap a photo and tag @OldElPaso on social media, using the hashtag #TacoBoatSweepstakes. You could win an entire year supply of Taco Boats from Old El Paso! Awesome right??
More more more!
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip << My inspiration for this post! This dip is sooo perfect for football watching..or an unhealthy dinner :)
Beer Battered Fish Tacos << These are some of the BEST tacos I’ve ever made at home!!
Chicken Flautas (Taquitos): This is from ay back when. These taquitos are amazing!
Bacon and Pepper-Jack Stuffed Crescent Rolls << so easy! 3 ingredients!
More taco boats from blog friends!
This post is sponsored by Old El Paso, a brand that I love! All opinions are my own, of course!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.