These perfect parfaits are SUPER easy to throw together. Only 4 ingredients in the cheesecake part. They are a cool summer treat for a BBQ or block party!
So I went to probably the classiest garage sale of my life this weekend. You know. Rothko paintings. JCrew shirts. Free lemonade.
Free lemonade, with some limitations. My nephews are super classy. Mine’s on the left, do you think I overfilled??
Also, can I just say the best part about your brother having a garage sale is that everything is free?
Have you ever had a garage sale? We’ve never done it. Probably because if we had one people would walk away thinking, “That was the trashiest garage sale I’ve ever been to. Seriously, a solar powered-spinning metal R2-D2 model? Overgrown houseplants? Target shoes from 4 seasons ago? At least the brownies were good.” Let’s be honest, bribing people with food is the only way I would get people to come to my garage sale.
Maybe I should serve these Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Parfaits at my next garage sale. They are delicious, plus portable and easy to serve. I love it for parties, including parties for one. That dulce de leche stuff is legit, and I don’t need to explain the magical qualities of cream cheese. They are a riff on these No Bake Cheesecake Parfaits, another favorite of mine. They are perfect for summer! Or winter. Or garage sales. Basically anytime.
Dulce de Leche Cheesecake ParfaitsServes 6-8 adjust servings
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (13.4 oz) can dulce de leche
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- 15 gingersnaps (I used Nabisco)
- 1 or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the dulce de leche, vanilla, salt, and beat together, making sure to scrape down the sides.
- Crush the gingersnaps in a food processor, or you can use a rolling pin and a ziplock. Add 1 tablespoon melted butter and mix together. Add another tablespoon of butter if you want.
- Layer the cheesecake, crumbs, and strawberries in whatever order you want. Chill until ready to serve.
- It would be great served in wine glasses, 8-ounce clear plastic cups, or dessert bowls.
- You can also serve this as a dip! Serve it in a big bowl, sprinkle the crumbs over the top, and use strawberries for dipping.
by The Food Charlatan
You might like these other recipes too!
The original No Bake Cheesecake Parfait Bar! So easy:
More Dulce de Leche!!