I’m so excited about life right now. Who’s with me? Doesn’t December make you just want to hug everybody? In my personal heaven, it will be Christmas all the time. And don’t give me this “if-it-was-Christmas-every-day-it-wouldn’t-be-special” crap. This is heaven, people. Vegetables will taste like brownies. I will never have to apply eyeliner and my hair will always be done. There will be free samples of everything at the grocery store. And it will always be Christmas.
Even though we’re only 3 days into December I’m feeling super busy. And I even have most of my shopping done already. (This is shocking. How are you guys doing? Can I just say I love Amazon?)
I have so much baking to do that it’s hard to muster the energy to make real food. I’m all about crock pot and 30 minute meals right now. My friend Jessica asked me if I had a good fish taco recipe a while back, and that’s when I remembered this gem.
These tacos may not sound gourmet, and okay let’s face it, anything including a fishstick is automatically kicked out of gourmet-dom, but that does not stop them from being amazing. I’m not a seafood fan in general, but since fishsticks hardly qualify as seafood, even my fellow haters out there can trust in this recipe. The best part is that it’s done in 30 minutes, tops.
If you make these tacos, snap a photo and tag on Instagram with #TheFoodCharlatan so I can see it!
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
Easy Fishstick Tacos
- 15-30 fishsticks, depending on how many fishsticks you like per taco, baked according to package instructions
- 15 corn tortillas
- Canola or olive oil spray
- 1 package angel hair coleslaw, salted and sprinkled with lime juice
- chopped cilantro
- lime wedges
Spicy Sour Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream, light is fine
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno pepper, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, or more to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425?, or whatever temperature you are cooking your fishsticks at. On a large baking sheet, place as many of the tortillas as will fit. Spray liberally with oil, then flip and spray the other sides. Bake for 3-4 minutes, then remove them from the oven and flip them over using tongs. Bake for another 3-4 minutes until they are as crispy as you want them. It may take a couple batches to get all the tortillas done. The good news is you can do it at the same time your fishsticks are baking.
- Place the cabbage in a bowl and sprinkle with lime juice and salt. Toss. For this step you can use fresh lime juice or the refrigerated kind.
Prepare the Spicy Sour Cream Sauce:
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, cumin, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper.
- Assemble the tacos: Place a fishstick or two on a tortilla. Spread liberally with Spicy Sour Cream Sauce.
- Top with cabbage, cilantro, and fresh squeezed lime juice. Stuff your face with amazing tacos.
This looks like an answer to my issue with wanting fish tacos but not knowing how to make it happen- Gorton’s here I come!
You will love it Jana! We’ve been making these for years! Old family standby. let me know how it goes!
These are amazing! I’m so glad you posted this Karen. They were awesome the first time you made them for me and now I can make them for me (not so sure about Chip as far as fish goes. . . ) and stuff my face with them!
Just don’t tell him it’s fish. Tell him it’s chicken or something. Seriously, he would never know :)