- I think Brussels sprouts have done nothing to deserve that capital B. They are disgusting.
- When I was, like, way younger and more immature, I used to I stay up ridiculously late to finish Ever After (for the 8,572nd time) when Eric would go on business trips. (No it did not just happen last night, why do you ask?)
- I’m going to a blog conference next week–BlogHer–and I was so nervous about picking out what clothes to wear that I made all the women in Eric’s family put together outfits for me. We took pictures, including accessory options, so that I wouldn’t forget. Yes, I AM Cher from Clueless.
- Eric’s sister’s kept saying things like, “don’t you have ANY other shoes?” No. No I don’t. Shoes and I, we just don’t understand each other. And now you all hate me. I can feel the female-ness boiling inside you. I still like babies, okay? AND cute puppies. Still friends?
- I finally ordered business cards last week (for said conference) and I have to say I’m kind of excited to be able to hand them out to the grocery store employees where I shop so that they don’t look at me like I’m a crazy person for buying ALL THE THINGS. (“She says she has a ‘food blog,’ whatever that is. Sounds like a front for something…)
- I get irrationally irritated sometimes that my computer doesn’t autocorrect everything I type wrong. Can’t you tell that freinds should be friends?? What are you, stupid?
- I chatted with an old friend from high school last week. Quote: “Yeah, I’m still training dolphins for the Navy in San Diego.” NO I’M NOT JOKING. Our 10 year reunion is next spring (what?) and I’m pretty sure he’s got everybody beat for coolest job. (I mean except the part where I get to make peach bread and call it work. That’s pretty nice.)
- I love this Peach Pull-Apart Bread with Caramel Sauce probably more than anything right now. It is like one giant stacked cinnamon roll. With caramel sauce and peaches. I mean what’s not to love? The dough is tender and sweet, and there is just the right amount of cinnamon. Hooray for summer fruit! Bring it on.
Source: Alaska from Scratch (such a great blog! Check it out!)
Don’t forget the caramel sauce!! It totally makes it.