Zucchini Pizza Bites
medium or large zucchini
about 1/3 cup pizza sauce
cup mozzarella, grated small
slices pepperoni, chopped (or use mini pepperoni)
- Preheat your broiler.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the zucchini into rounds. You want them to be about 1/8 inch thick, and definitely no more than 1/4 inch (see photos). The thicker they are, the crisper the zucchini will be.
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil. Spread out the zucchini on the sheet.
- Top each round with 1/2 or 1 teaspoon pizza sauce. Don't spread it around or it will just bake off.
- Top with shredded mozzarella. If you are using pre-shredded mozz, use a knife to chop it a little smaller.
- Top with chopped pepperoni.
- Move your oven rack to the highest position. Broil the zucchini for 3-6 minutes, or until golden on top. Don't walk away! Eat hot!
by The Food Charlatan