The BEST Buttercream Frosting for Sugar Cookies
Makes enough to frost 2 dozen cookies
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, use the whisk attachment* to beat the softened butter until it is fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add half of the powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons cream. Beat well. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar and 2 more tablespoons of cream. Beat well.
- Add salt, vanilla, coconut, and almond extracts. Beat well. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add remaining 1-2 tablespoons of cream, if needed.
- Add gel food coloring if you want to tint the frosting. (liquid food coloring can mess with the consistency.)
- This is enough frosting to do about 2 dozen cookies, but that totally depends on your cookie shape. Frost the cookies (Here's the cookie recipe) and store in a tupperware on the counter for 2-3 days.
- Leftover frosting is great on graham crackers!
by The Food Charlatan