Sriracha Deviled EggsMakes 12 deviled egg halves adjust servings
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup + 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- fresh cilantro, finely chopped (for garnish)
- Fill a pot with a steamer attachment with about 3 inches of water. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Place the eggs in the steamer and set over the boiling water with a lid for 12 minutes.
- Immediately plunge eggs into very cold water and cool completely. (You can boil them for 12 minutes directly in the water if you don't have a steamer.)
- Peel the cooled eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- Put the yolks into the bowl of a food processor, blender, or bowl. Add the remaining ingredients (except the cilantro). Pulse, blend, or beat with a fork until smooth. Taste it to see if it needs more lime or Sriracha.
- Spoon or pipe the filling into the reserved egg whites. Top with chopped cilantro and serve. These are a great make-ahead appetizer, they keep well in the fridge (covered).
by The Food Charlatan
Source: lightly adapted from The Sriracha Cookbook: 50 “Rooster Sauce” Recipes that Pack a Punch by Randy Clemens
Steam your eggs, my friends. Look at this:
It makes them sooooo easy to peel. I got this tip from Elizabeth over at Guilty Kitchen.
If this recipe’s got you in the mood for Sriracha, here are some other great kicked up recipes: