The Easiest Sugared Cranberries
3 cups cranberries
package (3 cups) fresh cranberries
and 1/2 cups maple syrup
and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Rinse the cranberries, discarding any that have become soft.
- In a tupperware with a lid, stir together the cranberries and maple syrup.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or 6-8 hours.
- Place the cranberries in a colander set over a bowl so that the syrup drains off (save it for pancakes!)
- Spread the sugar onto a rimmed baking sheet. Working in 2-3 batches, roll the drained cranberries in the sugar. Kids love this part! I love this part! Lick your fingers!
- Let the cranberries dry out on the pan, or you can put them on a cooking rack so they get really crisp. Make sure none of them are touching each other.
- Let them dry out for at least an hour, the more the better. Putting the pan in the fridge speeds this up.
- Store the cranberries uncovered on a pan or shallow dish. If you cover them or let them touch each other, they will get soggy.
- If you want to give these away as a hostess or neighbor gift, I recommend layering them in a tin lined with parchment paper. Put another layer of parchment on top before adding a second layer. Tell the recipient to uncover the tin as soon as possible.
by The Food Charlatan