Sheet Pan Rosemary Lime Chicken and Veggies
boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 lbs)
large potatoes (about 1.5 lbs)
cup carrots, sliced thin (3 small or 2 medium)
of an onion, sliced thin
cloves garlic, smashed and minced
cup olive oil
and 1/2 teaspoons salt
teaspoon garlic powder
fresh rosemary sprigs
tablespoons olive oil
more rosemary and limes, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare a large baking sheet by spraying with nonstick spray (line with foil first for easy clean up)
- Place the chicken on the baking sheet.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into 1/2 to 1-inch pieces. Peel and slice the carrots. Slice up half an onion. Arrange all the vegetables on the baking sheet around the chicken.
- Slice the zucchini and place it on the baking sheet also, but don't mix it with the others, we're going to remove them once they are coated with oil.
- Smash and mince 2 cloves of garlic, and sprinkle over the veggies and chicken.
- Drizzle the pan with 1/4 cup olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt, and a 1/2 teaspoon each of pepper, paprika, cumin, and garlic powder. (These spices are optional. You can just use salt and pepper if you want.)
- Sprinkle the spices over the chicken and veggies, and use your hands to get it all coated well with oil and spices. Try to keep the zucchini separated.
- Remove the zucchini to the small bowl that you had the spices in.
- Zest 1 lime over the chicken and veggies. Cut it in half and use a juicer to sprinkle lime juice over the whole pan.
- Slice the second lime into wedges and scatter over the pan.
- Place 3-4 fresh rosemary sprigs on the pan.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast at 425 F for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, make a simple glaze from the last lime. (This is optional, it will be good without) Juice the lime into a small bowl. While whisking, slowly drizzle in about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. (If you do this without whisking, the oil will not emulsify.) Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- After 20 minutes, remove the pan of chicken from the oven and shut the oven door. Use tongs to flip each piece of chicken, making sure the chicken ends up on the pan and not on top of veggies.
- Spread the oiled zucchini over the other vegetables.
- Return the pan to the oven and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes, until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest piece of chicken registers 160 degrees F. (Chicken is done at 165 degrees F, but it will continue to raise in temperature the first few minutes out of the oven, ending up at about 165. Say NO to dry chicken you guys.)
- Let the chicken rest for about 4-5 minutes after removing from the oven.
- Discard the baked lime and rosemary.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables with the lime glaze. Garnish with more lime wedges and fresh rosemary.
by The Food Charlatan