Sea Foam Salad (Creamy Pear Jello)
(29 ounce) can pears, in heavy syrup
(6 ounce) package green or red jello*
(8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
cup heavy cream
- Open the can of pears and use the lid to drain the liquid into a medium saucepan. Set pears aside.
- Bring the liquid to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat and use a whisk to stir in the package of dry jello powder. Stir constantly until the jello is dissolved.
- If you have an immersion blender: add the cream cheese and the pears to the saucepan and blend well until smooth.
- If you are using a blender: Add the jello mixture, pears, and cream cheese to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl or stand mixer, beat the cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. It should take about 1-2 minutes. Do not over beat.
- Fold the cream into the blended jello mixture. It's okay if there are a few streaks of cream.
- Pour the mixture into a jello mold, bundt pan, 9x13 pan, or a large bowl. If you use a bundt pan or jello mold (or anything you plan to invert), spray the pan with cooking spray before pouring it in.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- If you used a mold or bundt pan and need to invert the jello, dip the bottom of the pan into a large bowl of hot water for several seconds before turning it onto your serving plate. This will help loosen the edges. If it doesn't work, you may need to use a knife to loosen the edges (but try the hot water method first)
by The Food Charlatan