Nutella Fudge with Raspberries
Makes 16-24 servings
cup salted butter
cup whole milk or half and half
and 1/2 cups brown sugar, light or dark
and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
cups fresh raspberries, divided
- Line an 8x8 in pan with aluminum foil and coat with nonstick spray. Spread 1 cup raspberries over the bottom of the pan.
- Measure out 1 cup of Nutella so that it's ready. In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, measure out 2 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add milk and brown sugar and stir to combine.
- Bring to a hard rolling boil over medium heat. Once it has reached a full boil, set a timer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- When the timer goes off, add the vanilla and Nutella. Stir until combined.
- Working quickly, pour the mixture over the powdered sugar that you put in the bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined. The fudge should be quite thick at this point. If it's not, add powdered sugar a little at a time, up to 1/2 cup. I didn't add any extra.
- Pour or scoop the fudge into the prepared pan, on top of the raspberries. Spread quickly, then use your palms to press in the remaining raspberries.
- At this point I used a paper towel to absorb some oil that had pooled on top.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until set.
- Lift foil from pan and use a sharp knife to cut into pieces.
by The Food Charlatan