Mini Chicken Pot Pies (Quick and Easy!)
Makes 8 mini pot pies
tablespoon dried minced onion
cup + 1 tablespoon chicken broth*
teaspoon salt, more to taste
teaspoon celery seed
cup frozen peas and carrots
cup chicken, cooked and chopped (rotisserie for the win!)
can crescent rolls
melted butter, for brushing
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 8 spots of a muffin tin very well.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet. When it is hot, add the dried onions and let them cook for a minute or so. Add the flour and whisk together for 1 minute.
- Slowly (not all at once!) whisk in the chicken broth and milk. Whisk out all the lumps.
- Add salt, pepper, and celery seed.
- Stir in the peas, carrots, and chicken. Turn off the heat.
- Unroll the crescent dough. Use your fingers to quickly seal together the triangular cuts. Then cut the dough into 16 rectangles (see photos).
- Place one rectangle into a muffin tin. Top with 1/8 of the chicken mixture. Top with another rectangle, using your fingers to seal it together if you can, but don't stress about it too much. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Poke a knife in the top to vent the pies.
- Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes. You want the tops to be good and brown, so that you know the bottom is cooked.
- Brush with melted butter if you want.
- Serve immediately!
by The Food Charlatan