Lemon Asparagus with Pistachios
cup pistachios, shelled (I used Diamond )
bunches (2 pounds) asparagus
salt and pepper
tablespoon fresh lemon juice
clove garlic, minced
tablespoon olive oil
sliced lemon, to garnish, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the shelled pistachios on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for about 4-7 minutes, or until toasted and fragrant. Keep an eye on them so they don't burn. Remove from the oven and immediately remove to a plate or bowl, and set aside. You can chop them or leave them whole.
- Turn the oven up to 400 degrees F.
- Wash the asparagus and snap the woody ends off. Spread in a single layer over 1 large or 2 small baking sheets. Make sure they are not overlapping a ton, or they will steam, and we want them to get roasted.
- Drizzle with 1-3 teaspoons olive oil and use your hands to make sure the spears are coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven at 400 for 8-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your asparagus. If they are easily speared with a fork, they are done.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, tarragon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Whisking constantly, drizzle in the olive oil.
- Plate the asparagus, drizzle with the dressing, and sprinkle with the pistachios (chopped or whole). Serve immediately.
by The Food Charlatan