Ham and Cheese Dip
packages cream cheese, softened
tub (1 cup) sour cream
cups cheddar cheese, shredded
(4-ounce) can diced green chiles (I like fire-roasted)
teaspoon smoked paprika
fresh black pepper, to tastes
cup smoked ham, chopped into bite-size pic
cup cheddar cheese, shredded (to top with)
green onions, chopped (to garnish)
Ritz crackers or toasted baguette slices, to serve with
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese for about 1-2 minutes until fluffy. Add the sour cream and beat.
- Add 2 cups cheddar, green chiles (don't drain), smoked paprika, and pepper.
- Beat again, then use a spatula to fold in the ham.
- Scrape the mixture into a pie plate or other 1-quart dish. Spread evenly.
- Top with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, until the top is just starting to brown.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions if you like.
- Serve hot with Ritz crackers and/or toasted baguette slices.
by The Food Charlatan