Easy Ravioli Lasagna
pound Italian sausage
jar marinara sauce
can crushed tomatoes
tablespoon Italian seasoning
ounces ravioli, fresh or frozen
ounces ricotta cheese
cups shredded mozzarella
fresh basil, to garnish, optional
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble the sausage over medium heat. Drain well.
- Add the marinara sauce and crushed tomatoes. Add Italian seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the edges of a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Spoon about a half cup of the sauce into the pan and spread it all around the bottom.
- Layer half of the ravioli on top in a single layer.
- Spread half of the ricotta over the top of the ravioli (do your best, it doesn't need to be perfect).
- Top with half of the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with about 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Repeat the layers: all the remaining ravioli, ricotta, sauce, and another cup or more of mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown. You can broil it for the last minute if you love crispy cheese on top.
- Garnish with fresh basil and dig in!
by The Food Charlatan