Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Parfaits
(8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
(13.4 oz) can dulce de leche (or make homemade dulce de leche!)
gingersnaps (I used Nabisco)
or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the dulce de leche (you can make your own from a can of sweetened condensed milk, click here!), vanilla, salt, and beat together, making sure to scrape down the sides.
- Crush the gingersnaps in a food processor, or you can use a rolling pin and a ziplock. Add 1 tablespoon melted butter and mix together. Add another tablespoon of butter if you want.
- Layer the cheesecake, crumbs, and strawberries in whatever order you want. Chill until ready to serve.
- It would be great served in wine glasses, 8-ounce clear plastic cups, or dessert bowls.
- You can also serve this as a dip! Serve it in a big bowl, sprinkle the crumbs over the top, and use strawberries for dipping.
by The Food Charlatan