Deep Dish Buttermilk Pancake
cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
teaspoons baking powder
tablespoons butter, melted
recipe Fresh Strawberry Topping *
butter, syrup, whipped cream, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. In a separate bowl beat the buttermilk and the eggs until smooth. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk mixture and melted butter; mix until combined.
- Grease a 10 or 11 inch cast iron skillet. Pour the batter into the skillet.
- Spoon 1 cup of the strawberry topping evenly over the batter, than swirl it together with the spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve hot with the remaining Strawberry Topping, butter, syrup, and whipped cream, if you want.
by The Food Charlatan