Makes about 2 cups
or 14 ounce can coconut milk (not lite)
cup white sugar
teaspoon salt (or up to 3/4)
tablespoon light-colored corn syrup
- Open the can of coconut milk. Pour into a small saucepan with the heat turned off. Add the cornstarch and whisk thoroughly.*
- Turn the heat to medium once the cornstarch is completely incorporated. Add the sugar, salt, and corn syrup.
- Stir very frequently over medium heat until the liquid starts to thicken. If you start to see bubbles from boiling, take it off the heat.
- Add the vanilla and stir. The syrup will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Serve with your favorite pancakes, waffles, or I bet it would make a great Italian soda or cocktail!
by The Food Charlatan