Coconut Jasmine Rice with Cilantro
Makes 4-5 cups cooked rice
(13.6 ounce) can coconut milk (lite or regular)
and 3/4 cup water
and 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
cups jasmine rice
cup chopped cilantro
- Add coconut milk, water, salt, and rice to a 3 quart pot.
- Put the lid on and turn the heat to high.
- When the rice starts to boil, turn the heat down to low. Keep the lid on, there's no need to stir.
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Turn the heat off but don't remove the pot from the burner. Leave the lid on for another couple minutes until the rice has reached the dryness level you like.
- Stir in the cilantro.
- Serve hot! Makes about 4-5 cups cooked rice.
by The Food Charlatan