Chicken Parmesan Pot Pie
So are you guys getting excited for Cinco de Mayo?? I have to admit that most years I’m not super into Cinco de Mayo. (I think it’s mostly because there are no margaritas in it for me.) Maybe also because I’m not Mexican. But this year I am helping to throw a Cinco de Mayo themed baby shower for my friend Sarah. Which might sound a little weird, but trust me, it’s going to be awesome.
It had better be awesome. I have a lot to live up to. Sarah and some other friends threw me a baby shower a while back, and it was epic. Seriously the most fun I have ever had at a baby shower, and that’s not even counting the fact that I took home all the loot. It was a “Mustache Bash:”
Mustaches on the plates, napkins, parfaits…
Even the balloons had mustaches.
The cupcake-toppers were mustache rings, how awesome is that?? Oh and don’t worry they even found a mustache-mold to make chocolate mustaches.
And instead of playing lame baby shower games like what-melted-candy-bar-is-in-this-diaper, we played “Name that Stache.” You can tell I didn’t win this game. And that I apparently think every mustache ever belongs to Burt Reynolds.
The best part was when we tattooed our fingers with tiny mustaches. Yes please!
So yeah, like I said, it was pretty epic. Now the pressure’s on for me to throw the coolest Cinco de Mayo baby shower ever. I’m looking here for inspiration. Wish me luck!
But real quick let’s talk about this pie. Classic Chicken Pot Pie is one of the most heavenly dishes ever created (am I right or am I right?) and genius Jenny over at Picky Palate came up with this Chicken Parmesan version. It’s delicious and it comes together really fast. What more could you ask for?
Chicken Parmesan Pot Pie
- 1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken (a rotisserie works great)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, or more
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, room temperature (or make your own )
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, at least!
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Pour tomatoes into 9 inch cast iron skillet. Add Italian seasoning and salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Add chicken and gently stir to incorporate into sauce. (If you let your 2-year old do this step, expect to get tomato all over your counter.) Top with Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Roll out pie crust and lay over chicken and cheese. You can press the edges around the skillet, or you can tuck it inside the skillet.
- 4. Whisk egg white with 1 teaspoon water and brush it lightly all over the crust, including the edges. Top evenly with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.