Chicken, Mushroom, and Cream Cheese Stuffed Rolls
Makes 8 rolls
(8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
ounce can mushrooms, drained and chopped (or use fresh!)
cups cooked and shredded chicken (I love rotisserie chicken)
tablespoons onion, minced
to 1/2 teaspoon black pepper*
(1 lb.) can buttermilk biscuits (like Pillsbury)
tablespoons butter, melted
cup panko bread crumbs
teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silpat, parchment paper, or spray with nonstick spray.
- Add the cream cheese to a mixing bowl and stir until smooth. (If it's very soft, a spoon will do, otherwise you might want to bust out the mixer.)
- Drain the mushrooms and chop. Add them to the cream cheese.
- Add the chicken, onion, salt and pepper and stir together well.
- Open the can of biscuits. Use your hands or a rolling pin to roll out each biscuit (see photos). I used a little bit of flour but don't go crazy.
- Spoon the chicken mixture evenly between the biscuits. Use your fingers to wrap the biscuit dough around and pinch with your fingers on the bottom.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl.
- Add the panko crumbs and the parsley to another bowl.
- Dip the top of each roll into the butter, then dip in the bread crumbs.
- Line the rolls on the prepared sheet. I was able to fit them all on a large baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 13-15 minutes, or until nicely browned on the edges.
- Serve hot!
by The Food Charlatan