Cherry Tomato, Leek, and Spinach Quiche
pie crust (I have a homemade recipe here)
cup (packed) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
half a leek*, chopped
(9 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
cup fresh basil, chopped
ounces goat cheese, crumbled
most of a 10 ounce box of cherry tomatoes, halved
and 1/4 cups Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original
Fresh basil, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Use nonstick spray or butter to grease your pan.
- Arrange the pie crust into a quiche pan or 9 inch pie pan. Trim the edges if necessary.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on the bottom of the crust.
- Trim the green parts of the leek, as well as the roots. Spilt the leek lengthwise. Run under cold water, using your fingers to bend back the layers. Leeks are super dirty, so do a good job. Save half of the leek for something else (top a pizza! Throw in soup!) Use a sharp knife to chop one half of the leek, make the pieces about the size you would chop an onion. Sprinkle the chopped leek over the cheese.
- Use your hand to squeeze the thawed out spinach. Try to get out as much moisture as you can. Spread the chopped spinach over the leeks.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup fresh basil next.
- Crumble the goat cheese using a fork. Sprinkle over the basil.
- Use a serrated knife to halve most of the cherry tomatoes. Fit as many as you can on top of the quiche. I used maybe all but 10.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together 6 eggs, Almondmilk, salt, and pepper. Beat for about 1 minute, then pour over the quiche.
- If your quiche pan separates, or if your quiche looks very full, make sure you place the dish on a baking sheet just in case it leaks or overflows.
- Bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes, or until the top has started to brown and the quiche doesn't wiggle when you shake it.
- Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes before diving in. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!
by The Food Charlatan