Blender Hollandaise Sauce (5 Minute Recipe)
Makes about 1 cup
or 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
tablespoon + plus 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
teaspoon cayenne pepper*
dashes of salt
black pepper to taste
stick (1/2 cup) salted butter, melted (hot!)
- In a blender,** add egg yolks, dijon mustard, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In a small bowl, microwave the butter for about a minute until it is melted and very hot.
- Open the top spout of your blender. Turn the blender on low and pour in the hot butter. It should thicken immediately.
- Taste it and make sure all the spices are just right. Add more salt and pepper if you like.
- Immediately pour the sauce into a measuring cup, bowl, or gravy boat. Place this into another bowl of very hot water. (You want to keep the sauce hot, but if you microwave it, it will curdle.)
- Serve immediately.
- Do not microwave to reheat! Run the container under hot water.
by The Food Charlatan