Bacon & Pepper-Jack Stuffed Crescent Rolls
Makes 8 rolls
slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
half-sticks of Pepper-Jack cheese, from a block
(8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
dried chives, optional
- Cook the bacon until crisp and then chop or crumble it.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Cut the pepper-jack into pieces that are about half the size of a stick of cheese. You could also just halve pepper-jack string cheese, if you can find it.
- Unroll the dough. Place about a tablespoon of bacon on the wide end of the dough, then top with a stick of cheese. Roll them up and seal the edges so that all the cheese doesn't ooze out.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or a silpat. Sprinkle with dried chives, if you want.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve by themselves or with ranch or marinara sauce for dipping.
by The Food Charlatan