Asparagus and Poached Eggs over Pasta
ounces uncooked pasta
bunches medium asparagus, tough ends snapped off (about 4 cups)
kosher salt and fresh pepper
tablespoons freshly shaved or grated parmesan, or to taste
- Cut asparagus into one-inch pieces, angled.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to instructions for al dente. Two minutes before pasta is done, add asparagus. (You can cook the asparagus any way you like, really. Roast it. Saute it. Whatevs.) Reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining pasta and asparagus in colander.
- While pasta water is boiling, poach eggs in an egg poacher if you have one, or use the Sous Vide method, or follow these tips to do it the traditional way. (If you want to be pretty and poached).
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and cover to keep warm. Or leave them in the plastic.
- Drain pasta then add back to pot along with some of the reserved pasta water, however much looks good to you. Divide pasta among four bowls, top with poached egg, shaved/grated cheese, fresh cracked pepper and salt.
- To eat, break the yolk and mix well with pasta, and top with additional cheese if you want. (You want, you want!!)
by The Food Charlatan