Apple Crisp, with a Ridiculous Amount of Streusel
and 1/2 cups brown sugar
and 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
cup salted butter, softened
Vanilla ice cream, pretty much not optional :)
Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Peel and core the apples. Use a sharp knife or mandolin to slice the apples into very thin, uniform pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Add the sliced apples to the pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Use a fork or pastry cutter to stir in the softened butter.
- Sprinkle the streusel over the apples.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 375. It is done when a knife inserted in the center slides in easily (the apples should be fork-tender)
- Let stand for a few minutes before serving hot or room temperature.
- Serve with ice cream and this amazing caramel sauce.
- Serves 12-16.
by The Food Charlatan