Mandarin Orange Ambrosia Salad
tub cool whip, regular or lite (thawed)
cup sour cream
(3.4 ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix* (goes in the salad as dry powder)
cup sweetened shredded coconut
cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts. Pecans are good too.)
cups mini marshmallows
(15-ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained well
ounce can crushed pineapple, slightly drained (reserve juice)
ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained well
- In a large bowl, add cool whip, milk, sour cream, and pudding mix.
- Add the coconut, nuts, and marshmallows. Stir well.
- Add the mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple, and cherries. Gently fold in the fruit.
- Add some of the reserved pineapple juice if it seems thick. (This is just personal preference)
- Serve immediately. Or cover and chill until you are ready to serve. You can make it up to 24 hours in advance.
by The Food Charlatan