2-Ingredient Kielbasa Puffs + YA Novel Giveaway!
Makes 36 Puffs
package puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
pound kielbasa sausage
tablespoon water (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the kielbasa into 36 slices. Mine were all about a half-inch wide. Set aside.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface. Unfold one sheet of puff pastry onto the flour. Roll a couple times each way with a rolling pin to smooth it out.
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to slice the dough in half vertically. Then slice horizontally to make 18 strips total. Wrap each slice of sausage in one strip of dough and pinch to seal. You can secure with a toothpick if you want, but it's not necessary. It is convenient for serving though.
- Repeat with the other sheet of dough and the last half of the kielbasa.
- If you want to do an egg wash, combine 1 beaten egg with 1 tablespoon water and brush each puff with the mixture. This will make them shiny once they are baked.
- Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray, or use a silpat.
- Arrange the puffs on the sheet, at least 1 inch apart. Bake at 400 for about 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with mustard, BBQ sauce, ranch. Any dipping sauce would be good! The BBQ Ranch I make for these Puffy Bacon Twists would be great.
by The Food Charlatan