Well, I’m still alive.
Except that I’m not actually alone because there are two screaming children demanding my attention day and night. Mostly they are wanting food. Didn’t I just feed you yesterday? What is your deal? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that my kids are voracious eaters. They are my own offspring, after all.
These cookies are a twist on the classic 4-ingredient peanut butter cookie (pb, sugar, egg, vanilla). Except this one has dark chocolate added to it, which cannot possibly be a bad thing. It also adds baking soda, which makes them a little bit more puffy. This version doesn’t even call for the vanilla, but if you feel like throwing some in I’m sure it would be great. You don’t really miss it though, honestly.
These cookies are so rich. You need an entire glass of milk for just one cookie. (Which explains why we are running low…) Eric was very disappointed when I told him that I was bringing these over to a friend as a thank-you for a favor. She wasn’t home though, so now the whole plate is just sitting on the counter. Slowly and silently breaking my will.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter CookiesMakes about 14 cookies adjust servings
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder (regular works too)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Put all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a large mixing bowl of the stand mixer and stir together until combined. Chill the dough for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight. (good luck with that!)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Scoop the dough onto a parchment paper or silpat lined baking sheet. Use the bottom of a glass to flatten each scoop into 1/2 inch thick disks. Press some chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
- Bake 8 minutes. Let cool on sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Careful, these cookies are very delicate! Make sure you don't overbake them or they will be even more crumbly.
by The Food Charlatan
Source: She Wears Many Hats